Please contact Yafa Xie if you are interested in this opportunity.
Mail: email@example.com Wechat: yafaxie
Company: Global leading company in packaging with over 50 years history, clients are all from pharma, medical, food, electronic etc. industries.
Title: Application Support Manager – Pharma Industry
Location: Shanghai or Suzhou
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Purpose of the Job:
This role will lead/own responsibility for the Technical Service function to support and optimize existing products in customer applications. Responsible for product applications with customers throughout the product life cycle. Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the production vision and working closely with Customers, manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing. A commercial support role to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met or exceeded. Role requires a customer focused mentality – must be able to listen to voice of customer (VOC) and be an advocate of it internally when working as part of a cross-functional team for new product development process. The role also includes ensuring the product supports the company’s overall commercial strategy and objectives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Find, analyze and define solutions in case of processing issues, in the field, at the customer, and internally with production and quality department. Includes reporting of trial outcomes/solutions both internally and externally to the customers as appropriate
- Collaborate with Sales team members to support the market introduction of new products and business models, support new product development lift at customers.
- Travel with Sales to provide Customer Development support, collect Voice of the Customer data related to market technologies and technical needs
- Support the Innovstion process for developing new products and collaborate with Innovation project teams to deliver technical solutions for commercial opportunities.
- Conduct penetrating information gathering research meetings with customers, services providers, and equipment vendors; identify technologies and products that can drive growth with our customers and provide a distinct and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Find and analyze latest production technologies and provide appropriate processing recommendations for kp products by maintaining close working relationships with key equipment and lidding suppliers in the
- Understand and participate in strategic initiatives of our key customers and suppliers, driving necessary joint development activities.
Will work in lockstep with Business Development and Sales in building our PHS division into a strategic partner of choice using voice of customer (VOC) feedback and championing a customer-focused mentality internally. This role is a critical customer facing function, with large opportunities to impact business in both long and short term. Role is not planned to include additional direct reports, but significant leadership relationships with other functions.
Persons in this role will play a key strategic part of the business by providing differentiation in the market created by exceptional service and knowledge levels of both kp products and customer processes, including promotion of kp services platform. Additional strategic efforts around new product development and launch to ensure new products perform to exceed customer expectations.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Chemical/Technical engineering or equivalent relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in blister packaging process preferred
- 3+ years of experience in plastics (film production) engineering and/or manufacturing preferred
Functional & Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required
- Experienced in plastics technologies
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- A technical interested person, who likes to work cross-functionally
- Understands the market, customers, and value proposition
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills; good organizational skills; Innovative
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to effectively interface with all levels and types of internal and external employees and business associates
- Skilled in identifying and developing new technologies/product performance to drive market growth/penetration
- Be able to communicate, open-mindedly, to be part of a cross functional global team.
- Be able to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Word.
- Be able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Be able to travel as required by job.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Fluent in English and local language by region.