Title: Merchandise Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Our client in this search is a leading European high fashion luxury brand.
Responsible for supporting activities related to merchandise buying which are conducted by Store Managers. Manage and improve buying process, oversee product analysis, OTB, buying support, merchandise display and product training.
Coordinate with the Boutique Managers to ensure the fulfillment of client’s requests. Supervises Merchandiser, Merchandising Assistant, VM, Product Trainer and Logistics team.
• Develop and propose proper buying strategy per store, based on the specificity of market.
• Prepare the buying budgets for each boutique with the Boutique Managers
Assists MD to develop Buying Plan with the Boutique Managers (OTB)
• Working closely with the Boutique Managers and assists buying process in Paris during Podium
• Podium buying follow-up
• Monitors regularly the stock level and makes necessary replenishment to assist the store to achieve budget
2. Assists the Retail team
• Based on recommendations from the Retail Sales Manager & Store managers, provide professional advice on the necessity of a re-assortment and place the order in Paris
• Liaise with Paris for all problems/questions for which boutiques get improper or no answers related to stock supply
3. Improves procedures related to a store organization
Implement the following procedures in order to simplify the follow-up work
performed by Boutique Managers and reinforce the internal control and computerize the process.
• Special orders
• Returned goods
• Goods write-off
• Permanent stock replacement
• Stock Reorder administration and follow up
• Place order for store printed materials
• Work with Regional Training Manager and Metiers in Paris for product trainings arrangement
• Plans training schedule and organizes training programs to ensure sales staff are
• Oversee Merchandise display to help boosting sales and well present our products
Requirements & Capabilities:
• At least 7 years of relevant working experience in Retail Industry or in similar capacity
• Good sense and understanding of Fashion trends
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be a good team player, detail-minded, service oriented and self- motivated
• Hands on computer knowledge of MS office, especially in Excel
• University graduate, degree in Fashion Merchandising is a plus
• Fluent in English and Chinese. French is a plus