Position: General Manager
Report to: Group VP, locate in the US
Location: West China
The General Manager will have full P&L responsibility for the China WOFE to drive the business activities to ensure we maintain our vision of being the world’s biggest and best provider of process/functional chemistry and support services to the clients.
The Company is the global leader in different sectors in specialty chemicals and functional chemicals facing different industry. The Company’s 400 dedicated employees serve customers worldwide from our manufacturing operations in N. America, S. America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Responsible for the development and successful execution of the strategic growth plan for the Company
- To maintain 100% compliance with all local, provincial, PRC, and applicable US Standards and Regulations
- Safe-guarding all company assets, including intellectual property
- Responsible for the management and execution of the budget and the strategic plan.
- Ensuring the recruitment, hiring, training and retention of productive personnel and continual assessment of local human resource needs and business policies.
- Responsible for coordination and communication with corporate US management, technical, financial, and commercial resources.
The following experience is required or desired:
- 5~8 years leading a western-owned (preferably US-owned) specialty chemicals business in China.
- Experience working in specialty chemicals industry
- A technical degree, e.g. chemistry or chemical engineering would be beneficial
- Proven ability to attract and retain talented employees and motivate a diverse organization.
- Experience building and maintaining high level customer relationships (especially with large, state-owned enterprises) and motivating and managing a sales team.
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, and managing financial results.
- Experience developing and implementing long term business plans
- Experience managing manufacturing operations, especially in chemicals.
- Experience maintaining organizational compliance with Chinese and US regulations.
- Must speak English and Mandarin fluently with excellent writing and communication skills in both languages.
- Must possess adequate computer skills with common US software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be capable of obtaining US visa. Passport would be beneficial.
- Must be willing to work from our main office in West China and capable of up to 50% travel time
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.