Client Background: Our client is one of the global leading chemical MNC company whose HQ is based in Europe. Now it's expanding quickly in Mainland China and planning to build up its biggest manufacturing center in Ningbo city.
Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job:
- Monitor and control project activities - continually monitor and evaluate each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals. Regular reporting to project leads and discussing the progress of each project, schedule changes, project scope adjustments and more.
- Suggest and manage changes in project processes - have the ability to recognize which areas of project development need to be re-addressed in order to maintain efficiency and cost control.
- Be the Finance representative to guide and explain capital expenditure guidelines, and ensure project costs are properly capitalised or expensed. Ensure compliance to these guidelines.
- Highlight project cost and schedule deviations and work with finance and project teams to determine cause and come up with solutions
- Design and ensure compliance with strong internal controls over daily project operations to ensure properly accountability in daily activities and safeguard plant assets
- Service agreements are properly tracked and accounted for
Level of education & knowledge:
- Must at least have a bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance or accounting
- Knowledge or familiar with project administration software and processes is an advantage
Experience in general:
- At least 5-7 years in a similar capacity
- At least 3 years in Finance or Controlling
- Project Management certification would be an advantage
Competencies, Behavioral skills:
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Consistently meet deadlines and has the ability to work independently
- Be able to multi-task and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of partners