Our client is currently seeking to fill the full-time position of President, Asia Business Unit, to take on the responsibility of overseeing the business unit operational and sales activities in order to meet business objectives. The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of the business unit performance, and will ensure objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner, consistent with quality requirements. S/he is a key contributor to strategic local and global development initiatives. This position is based out of our China office. Compensation dependent upon qualifications.
Job Description: President – Asia Business Unit
- Exceptional team player providing senior level direction as well as strategic/cultural leadership of a high growth, multi-dimensional, globally complex business
- Full ownership of the region’s P&L (Profit and Loss) and KPI (key performance indicators) management
- Leveraging strong global automotive market understanding, role is responsible for structuring the Asia business unit for growth and business success; optimizing a multi-location/multicultural team to deliver market leading services/solutions
- Establish, expand, and maintain effective business partnerships with third-party companies; provide guidance to established Asia business partners to manufacture per standard Global OEM expectations
- Responsible for annual strategic planning, short/long term business planning, implementing cost reduction and productivity efforts, enhancing product capabilities, meeting quality standards and customer needs
- Develops and implements the Company’s strategic initiatives in alignment with organizational goals/objectives to achieve targeted deliverables
- Provides/maintains a positive, productive, and communicative team-based work environment where associates are empowered, accountable, driven, and continually developing to achieve optimal results
- Leads by example and creates/maintains strong partnerships and positive relationships with internal/external associates through open communication, transparency, and performance measurement/feedback.
- Develops, monitors regional manufacturing budgets/operational expenses; seeks ways to improve efficiency and reducing costs while maintaining productivity and product quality
- In collaboration with the local management team, takes appropriate action where trends are less than optimal, or when results are below company benchmarks/goals/targets
- Works as a partner within the global Matrixed Organization to build effective relationships with Executive Leadership, functional/regional leaders, and key global resources.
- Proven track record of success as a Business Unit Leader
- Strong business leadership and acumen (management principles, strategic planning, critical thinking, budgeting, resource allocation, human resources, etc.)
- Experience working within a global environment
- Previous experience working within the Asia region
- Minimum 15+ years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role in a western automotive manufacturing environment; significant exposure to latest manufacturing principles (Lean, 6 Sigma, OEE, etc.); sales and business development experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Business Management (or related discipline) or a combination of education and experience; MBA or advanced degree preferred