Job Description - QC Manager
Department: QC Dept.
Report To: General Manager
- Ensure the quality requirements are strictly followed and the processes are efficient and effective.
- Ensure garments made in China could meet customer satisfaction and International Standards.
- Provide best solutions for the quality issues and prevent the recurrence of the problems.
- Lead QC team to work efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor Degree in Textile/Apparel technology or similar major is preferable.
- Must have in depth knowledge of knit/woven production processes, inspection techniques, and size specification/grade development.
- Working knowledge of testing equipment and methodology, industry, testing practices and criteria, consumer and client acceptance levels for quality and fit.
- Good judgment in garment quality problems and their causes according to the AQL level.
- At least 10 years working experience of quality control in garment field, 5 years managerial experience in high level ladies fashion for US or EU market is preferable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Good consulting negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and control.
- Good skills in solving and preventing quality issues.
- Good skills of employee management.
- Adoptability to working in different cultures.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- Maximize the efficiency of QC process and workflows of inspection，establish and improve the work process to fulfill quality system.
- Analyze failed inspection reports and decide if shipment can be released.
- Analysis the root causes on quality issue and provide prevention, corrective action plan to merchandising team/QA/Customers.
- Command and monitor the QC team to conduct PP meeting, inline and final inspections, communicate with merchandising department as well as suppliers to solve any problems during bulk production and inspection.
- Monitor factory production status, control factory's quality and schedule, on a regular basis to evaluate factory production quality status.
- Monitor the productivity and accuracy of the QC staff. And analyze QC’s workload, working performance, claim rate at monthly basis, set the objective for QC team to get improvement.
- Implement procedures to improve the timeliness of garment delivery when needed, follow up bulk production status, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Provide necessary quality training to QC as well as factories.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with key suppliers.
- Department costs control.
- Direct accountability for achieving mutually agreed-upon objective.
- Direct accountability for any quality assurance negligence determined to exist in any vendor claims filed.
- Share accountability in the technical training and development of QC staff.
- Share responsibility for assessment of vendor capabilities.
- Reports to General
- Works closely with Merchandising team and New York.
- Maintains effective business relationships with vendors.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.