Job Title: China General Manager
Report to: Global CEO
Location: Shanghai, China
About Our Client:
Our Client is an entrepreneurial, privately held / Private equity backed company that creates and distributes strong brands of makeup tools, skin care and body care accessories in over 70 countries. This is a high-growth, beauty and fashion business with a focus on high quality products at affordable prices developed through innovation and on-trend design. Our Client business has significant growth potential in China and the company aims to build a best in class team behind an exceptional leader. Current projections show a 150% growth plan for the years ahead with both organic and acquisitive strategies.
Seeking a hands-on, team-oriented, consumer product experienced General Manager with a broad background encompassing all aspects of a global supply chain, sales channel development, customer service, new product development, supplier/partner development of the China Market. This position includes responsibility for creating and implementing controls, processes and procedures and implementing a culture of continuous improvement, sales and operations planning, and best practices.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy and experienced executive with a demonstrated track record in developing and implementing long and short-term strategic plans in addition to running the day-to-day operations of the business. The candidate will understand the dynamics of working with a nimble and fast-paced entrepreneurial culture while bringing in a more formal process that will facilitate scaling of the business. The candidate will have experience collaborating with our private equity owners, the executive team and cross-functionally with individual department heads to ensure the company’s priorities are understood and aligned with the total company direction.
This role offers the candidate a high-profile role on the Executive Leadership partnering with the heads of the Company’s other functional areas (i.e., sales, marketing, finance) to fulfill the mandate to continue and accelerate the global growth of the business based on best practices in the China Market.
- Responsible for developing a 3 year go to market strategic plan with key deliverables and measurements in place
- Online: Assess, formulate and execute online channel strategy to boost sales performance on all major e-commerce platforms
- Offline: design, propose and implement potential offline strategy in CS, supermarkets, pharmacy and other mass channels
- Manage and motivate distribution partners to implement channel roll-out, achieve sales target and deliver exceptional consumer experience both online and offline
Sales and Marketing
- Monitor product prices across channels to ensure an ordered pricing system
- Design marketing plans to enhance brand recognition, drive consumer engagement and facilitate traffic conversion. Coordinate with partners to implement marketing programs in a coherent way across channels and deliver consistent message to consumers
- Set up local office; recruit, manage and motivate team to support local market strategy execution
- Frequent communication with head office to prepare forecast, report and review performance, participate in company initiatives etc.
- Manage and oversee local training programs and develop Best Practice Standards
- For GM, assume ownership of local P&L; develop annual budget and KPIs and collaborate inside and outside the organization to achieve the target. Allocate resources effectively to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Responsibility to deliver gross sales, the gross to net budget leading to net sales, gross profit, and China EBITDA as well as development of a winning team.
- Responsible for all aspects of China supply chain: customer service, warehousing, transportation, demand planning, procurement and sourcing, new product development, supplier/partner development, regulation and control.
- Strong focus on achievement of corporate financial objectives as they relate to sales development and supply chain activities.
- Develop the talent and personnel performance of the function through effective coaching, hiring and performance management throughout the team.
- Leads both direct and indirect relationships; employees and suppliers
- Develops category management strategies leveraging an in-depth knowledge of consumer and customer insights
- Ensure flawless implementation of all new product launches and achievement of required distribution objectives.
- Maintain and evolve a robust set of departmental dashboards and KPIs to monitor and measure performance in corporate BI tool.
- Collaborate with sales department leadership to optimize sales & operations planning tools and processes.
- Maintain strong relationships with other functional leaders that foster inter-departmental feedback and prioritization.
- Minimum 10 + Years’ experience gained in a Beauty / FMCG company
- Will have successful experience working with North American Beauty / Personal Care
- Demonstrable track record of building brands in markets (sales & market share growth as well as Joint business management and way of working to deliver Net Sales and EBITDA)
- Demonstratable General Management thought leadership in delivering key financial metrics
- Has developed strong executive level customer relationships
- Preferred experience in Marketing and Supply Chain
- Seeking a proven high performer as General Manager of China with a passion for all things beauty, and a proven track-record of managing and growing customers, while developing a best in class supply chain network.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Proactive, growth-mindset with proven results
- Highest demonstrated integrity
- Ability to demonstrate numerate and analytical skills and ability to work towards deadlines
- Demonstrated critical thinker and sound judgement
- A juggler- likes to have multiple balls in the air, and willing to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills as well as Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only.
Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.