Position: Sales Development Manager - Fluids
Report to: Global Business Development Manager - E&E
The Sales Development Manager (SDM) is responsible for developing new business within the assigned market area. This includes gathering business information, developing commercial tactical plans, and executing these plans in order to generate new business and added value for the company. The person in this position is responsible for finding, developing and closing qualified leads in the Electrical and Electronics industry, identifying new business opportunities, managing new business relationships, and developing submarkets for new product/market combinations. More specifically, this SDM will focus on market applications for Fluid polymers, for example but not limited to: anti finger print display coatings, immersion cooling for electronics, cooling fluids in semicon and fine electronics testing, high-end additives for lubrication.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and potential specifiers / OEMs, and direct customers through proactive communication and regular visits to discuss commercial opportunities
- Identify, investigate and follow up on qualified leads and develop business for potential customers in key market segments
- Plan and execute regular visits with current and potential customers and effectively identify and communicate customer needs and demands to management
- Act as a key contact point for customers and educate them on products, applications and trends
- Understand and apply the sales strategy, and promote the value proposition for each product / application
- Maintain and continuously improve knowledge about products, applications and markets
- Analyze and evaluate available information to clearly synthesize and report on market trends and evolutions, including proposals for actions
- Develop, negotiate and monitor contracts and pricing for new business opportunities
- Evaluate and propose innovative solutions for customer problems and coordinate internally to meet customer requests/demands and ensure issues are resolved
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other internal departments
- Manage targeted marketing projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in organic chemistry or material science
- At least 5 years of related commercial experience in a relevant technical industry; Display coating or polymer experience in fine electronics strongly preferred.
- Ability to work fluently in an international organization with centers of expertise in different geographies
- Excellent initiative, autonomy and enthusiasm; Strong desire to learn and share knowledge
- Ability to educate customers/colleagues both on the technical and commercial side, and communicate/present well in a succinct and compelling way
- Travel up to 70% of the time
- Languages: Fluent in English
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.