Job Title: General Manager/ China Sales Director
Report To: Global Brand GM
Location: Shanghai, China
Our client has an international reputation for producing award-winning high-performance natural skincare. Respected and endorsed by dermatologists, beauty editors, mums, doctors, celebrities and sisters alike. While the business is fundamentally based on the performance of our products, the company culture is based on a philosophy of sustainable, ethical business practices and support for our local communities.
This is a unique opportunity to join our client, a fast paced, natural Skincare Company that has been enjoying unprecedented growth in both Australian/New Zealand and international markets including China. The primary focus of this role is to manage and engage with key distribution partners to achieve sales target, strengthen brand recognition and drive consumer penetration. The General Manager / Sales Director will assess and develop channel strategy and assist in implementation by distribution partners. She or he will work closely with the Brand GM and with the support of an extensive team in the New Zealand. The General Manager / Sales Director will fulfill revenue potential across all channels while deliver profit in line with company targets.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Online: Assess, formulate and execute online channel strategy to boost sales performance on all major e-commerce platforms
- Offline: design, propose and implement potential offline strategy in CS, supermarkets, pharmacy and other mass channels
- Manage and motivate distribution partners to implement channel roll-out, achieve sales target and deliver exceptional consumer experience both online and offline
- Sales and Marketing
- Work closely with distribution partners to deliver accurate business projection, import products smoothly, update marketing assets on a timely basis and identify opportunities to obtain new business both online and offline
- Monitor product prices across channels to ensure an ordered pricing system
- Design marketing plans to enhance brand recognition, drive consumer engagement and facilitate traffic conversion. Coordinate with partners to implement marketing programs in a coherent way across channels and deliver consistent message to consumers
- Set up local office; recruit, manage and motivate team to support local market strategy execution
- Frequent communication with Trilogy brand GM and head office to prepare forecast, report and review performance, participate in company initiatives etc.
- Manage and oversee local training programs and develop Best Practice Standards
- Ensure distribution partners’ practice in compliance with company policies and procedures through regular POS checks
- For GM, assume ownership of local P&L; develop annual budget and KPIs and collaborate inside and outside the organization to achieve the target. Allocate resources effectively to maximize efficiency and profitability
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- Bachelor or Master degree
- 5+ years’ experience in skin care or adjacent industry with good network; natural skincare brand background is preferred
- Possess both online (Cross-border e-commerce and general e-commerce) and offline (CS, pharmacy) channel experience and knowledge; understand rapidly changing landscape of retail environment
- Experience in e-commerce and cross-border e-commerce, including route to market, key distribution platforms and players, legal and regulatory issues, etc.
- Preferably possess experience in crafting and implementing China market entry/expansion strategy
- Exposure in both established and niche brands preferred
- Experience working in both large and small institutions and proven adaptability to small company culture
- Sales or business development background preferred
- Proven mature, proactive leadership and people management skill; build effective team and good team player
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen
- Results-oriented and good execution
- Fluent in English
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only.
Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.