We are changing the future of IT. As part of the core account team you, the Customer Solutions Manager (CSM), will help our customers to arrive in that future. You will work across teams and apply your technical and program management expertise to some of the most complex and challenging technology problems today.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a CSM on this team, you will engage the customer and collaborate with internal team members and stakeholders to help deliver program success. You will spend a large part of your day in direct communications with the customer, working to improve their overall experience with AWS services and strategic initiatives. You will interact with a broad cross section of AWS spanning a wide range of technologies, working closely with sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. The right candidate will possess a strong program management and project management background for large revenue contributor accounts, leading cross-functional projects from design to launch, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current AWS technologies. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
In your role as CSM, you will work with all stakeholders to scope work, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to customers. You will anticipate technical and scheduling bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical/operational constraints. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will evangelize on behalf of AWS and influence customers at an executive level to allocate the appropriate resources to achieve their goals.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. You should bring a cool head, strong technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team's decisions and help us drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
A senior CSM must have the experience to programmatically lead and manage the delivery. Customer Solutions Manager are expected to bring structure, prioritization and the right focus to AWS and customer teams, so the right things get done, at the right time, in the right order. This requires implementation of scale-able mechanisms and processes. A structured programmatic approach is highly desired. Extensive customer engagement in all levels is required.
· Total 15+ years working experience and majority with leading complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering/infrastructure projects both for enterprises and government plus customer executive interfacing experience
· Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (“STEM” majors) or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred.
· Current PMP or PgMP certification, or the willingness and aptitude to obtain one within 12 months of on boarding.
· Technical Program Management experience in banks and financial services companies.
· AWS Solution Architect - Associate - Certification or the willingness and aptitude to obtain one within 9 months of on boarding.
· Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services
· Experience in a lead role supporting a large project.
· Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
· Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements.
· Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project