Job Title: Confidential Search
Report To: GM, North Asia
Division/ Department: Sales China
Location: Shanghai, China
Our client creates innovative, tailor-made loyalty concepts for the world's leading grocery retailers. Our client
is a company of 600 dedicated, experienced professionals. They are genuine, enthusiastic and proactive.
As General Manager for China you will be at the core of the Leadership team and will play a fundamental role in managing the overall business. You will be responsible for managing and cultivating existing and new relationships, playing a key role in all areas of the business, analyzing KPIs and engaging in these functions from a strategic perspective.
You will take full ownership for the P&L, driving revenue and taking charge of delivering target objectives. You will be responsible for leading our go-to-market strategy, securing key customer relationships, building selected market partnerships and building a team capable of driving and supporting growth.
You are a source of innovation, passion, raw enthusiasm and vision. You have exceptional people skills and the ability to develop, motivate and lead a team that includes Sales, Account Management and other key functions. Leading from the front, you’ll provide and contribute valuable insights and learning’s into the broader organization, making informed, commercial decisions for the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop, shape and lead the execution of our client’s global business strategy in China.
- Develop and drive strategic plans to promote collaboration and accountability for meeting both short and long term performance objectives.
- Build confidence in leadership by engaging and driving the team to achieve objectives by setting comprehensive targets, conducting regular performance reviews, consistently providing feedback and coaching, reviewing succession plans and investing in the development of our talent pool.
- Identify, establish and manage high level client relationships with existing customers and prospects, partnering directly with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop local customer value proposition and set and manage targets accordingly.
- Prepare, communicate and educate client groups and internal business partners of changes in upcoming policy or practice.
- Ability to adjust communication techniques for both internal and external audiences at multiple levels and utilizes these techniques to decide the appropriate approach.
- Manage and motivate the broader team and direct reports to achieve established goals.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and continuous performances improvement, which impacts all aspects of functional and business results.
- Set strategic direction for the team and anticipate operational issues. Develop preventative contingency measures by analyzing qualitative and quantitative market trends to enable decision making.
- Provide functional knowledge, expertise and execution capability regarding the China market.
- Promote, collaborate and leverage with other departments including; Procurement, Production, Operations, Marketing, Regional Sales partners, Finance and Human Resources.
- Familiar with Digital, CRM, Analytics and Business Intelligence.
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- University degree in Business, MBA preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English and China, both written and spoken
- More than 10 years of experience in solution sales and business development experience in China
- Strong people management capabilities applied in a cross-culture working environment
- Deep functional expertise of marketing and sales
- A self-driven, resourceful, business building executive able to thrive in a lean, entrepreneurial environment. Experience in a SME or start-up company will be considered
- An international mindset; specifically experience working in a multicultural environment with multiple stakeholders is preferred
- Experience in leading/building a sales driven young team
- Familiar with Digital, CRM, Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Proactive, hands-on and results-driven with a proven and successful track record of selling to C-suite, decision makers and senior executives
- Demonstrates confidence, passion and the determination to succeed within a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Possess global sensitivity and strong commercial decision making
- Customer-centric, sales driven and detail-oriented, along with strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Experience with development and use of variable forecasts and budgets and familiar with basic accounting principles
- Clear mentality and hardworking is a must
- Excellent command of both Chinese and English
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only.
Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.