Account Manager, Packaging
Our client is an innovation driven, middle size, private U.S. Company. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, they work around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and make this world more sustainable.
Report to: Asia Marketing Manager
Location: Shanghai /Guangzhou
This position is established to work together with upstream team on expansion of plastic additives business in packaging market in China, focusing on EBM, Thin Wall Injection Molding and TF.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct in-depth contact with market, managing strategic CPG and food brands in order to promote using PP material containing additives to replace other material
- Capture and develop potential opportunities in packaging market, for material replacement opportunity (Using PP replacing others) to promote additives and provide service.
- Direct contact with PP plastics end users (Brand owners, fabricators, sales channel and the end consumers, etc.), and PP resin manufacturers to promote clarifiers /nucleator products and services; should have the ability and be comfortable with direct contact at all levels of these organizations.
- Attend trade shows, conferences and technical meetings involved in the promotion of PP and other chemical products.
- Report technical problems with suggested solutions, implement solutions.
- Identify new markets for company Chemical’s products.
- Continuously gather competitive information and report to management.
- On a continuing basis review and recommend changes that need to be made in sales and market strategies.
- Using computer and email to report global business units in line with business requirements; well conduct with CRM system after training.
- Other related work accordingly to the work requirements
- Bachelor or Master Degree preferred in Polymer, Chemistry or Material Science or packaging science
- More than 5 years’ experience in packaging industry, familiar with the industry and have direct sales or technical service experience with major CPG and food brands. Should have good contacts and be well respected in his current job.
- Must have the ability and presence to contact at high levels of marketing, packaging development, technical and production of local and multi-national CPG & food companies, plastic packaging manufactures
- Should be comfortable and willing to develop relationships with lower operational and administrative levels
- The ability to adapt to Western company culture is important. Strategic thinking is important.
- Be an “ambassador” to represent company products, services, and business offerings. Strong sales/development capability is required.
- Fluent, and comfortable speaking and writing in English is preferred, other languages are a plus.
- Frequent traveling is needed for this position.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org