Role Title: Account Manager
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work as part of the China Sales Team by managing selected lubricants accounts. The person will be the key position in determining how to best meet the needs of a customer and be proficient in the technical selling of the company products from various product lines being accountable for customer profitability.
- Manage and grow selected lubricants accounts in China working towards a win-win outcome
- Introduce and promote the company’s products to selected accounts in China.
- Develop & grow relationships with the customer at all levels, built on mutual respect and trust
- Cross-functionally coordinate internal support activities to ensure that customer technical, cost and supply needs are met
- Negotiate product prices and logistic cost recover to maximise margin and profit for the company.
- Manage product slate optimization activities at customer accounts to improve competitiveness
- Maintain customer price lists and timely update pricing tool to allow order processing
- Interact regularly with customer to understand their needs, logistics and marketing plans and anticipate needs to allow timely response
- Provide feedback to the organization on issues and concerns from customers and ensure these are being addressed appropriately to customer’s satisfaction
- Develop strategy for each account & identify tactics required to implement the strategy
- Identify opportunities for growth with customer and work with marketing and deployment to create compelling proposals
- Identify short and long term needs of customers, evaluate feasibility and coordinate internal resource to deliver those needs that are aligned with the company’s objectives.
- Timely write up of informative call reports
- Provide feedback on competitive information obtained / ascertained by customer interactions
- Coordinate and lead meetings that address customer projects / priorities and provide exposure for other the company functions (deployment, marketing, customer service, etc)
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
- A minimal of BS degree in Chemical, Refinery, or Automotive, Machinery related.
- 5 years of Sales experience in Specialty industry, or 3 years technical background in oil/additive industry with high commercial sensitivity. Experience in customer facing functions will be a plus.
- Budget and resource management experience.
- Cross functional team working and inter-personal skills.
- Track record of problem solving and project management.
- Strong self-starter and effective under pressure.
- Good business sense and solid commercial and communication skills
- Have a good sense of responsibility and team work
- Excellent written and spoken communication and influencing skills in Chinese.
- Good written and spoken communication in English
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.