Job Title: Director of Marketing, China
Report to: General Manager
Our Client is a global leader in beauty and cosmetics.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Marketing Director, China, will have responsibility for the single largest revenue generation in Asia. Working closely with General Manager and global Marketing and Brand teams, the Marketing Director will lead the brand marketing, digital marketing, and consumer insights teams. Responsible for the entire portfolio of our client and leading a growing team of associates.
- This key and influential Marketing Director will act as a brand guardian and contribute to the ongoing expansion of MBB business and brands. He or she will work closely with the global and divisional Leadership Teams to lead the brand marketing, digital and Influencer marketing strategy in all channels of distribution, including eCom, dotcom, and retailer sales.
- Develop and execute strategic business and marketing plans to drive MBB growth and expansion in key channels
- Anticipate future consumer needs to generate new business models and go-to-market strategies; identify where there is white space and prioritize opportunities
- Provide strategic leadership for all marketing activities across China including brand marketing, digital and influencer marketing as well as consumer insight.
- Work closely with MBB global Marketing Teams and product development teams to design and implement local brand and digital plans
- Create unique China products, programming and strategies that maintain alignment with key global marketing brand philosophy
- Set and drive brands’ media and social media strategy across all channels and media platforms.
- Increase brand equity and manage innovative marketing activities and projects that yield ROI and maintain budgets
- Propose and manage individual brands P&L, control and approve A&P expenditure for the brand portfolio to optimize effectiveness of media and brand building activities, ensuring investment is deployed effectively
- Work closely with trade marketing and sales teams align on individual brands’ forecasts by channel and define suitable promotional strategies to drive the business.
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop the marketing team to achieve exemplary performance levels setting clear leadership behaviors, drive performance management; ensure individuals objectives are aligned with the brands and corporate strategic objectives, drive a culture of accountability.
- The ideal candidate will be an established Marketing Director possessing a minimum of 7 years of overall business experience running a major brand in a consumer products, beauty, or fashion-based industry. Prior career experience and the commensurate professionalism gained in a large, consumer facing company is desired and will be highly valued. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who understands how to build and develop a portfolio of brands through strategy, product, marketing, external partnerships, and retailer partnering. The successful candidate should possess exceptional attention to detail, strong initiative and critical thinking skills and be a hands-on leader who takes ownership of the business operations and strategy. Further, given the focus on growing the business both organically and through aggressive marketing activity, there is a high level of expectation that this Marketing Director possess a strong work ethic and commitment, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Experience in brand/product marketing related to the Beauty industry is highly preferred, preferably in the channels the MBB brands compete.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and highly commercial, a strong product sensibility and a focus on customer experience
- 7 years of directly related marketing management leadership experience with high sense of integrity
- Strong business skills and ability to integrate growth, profitability and business
- Understanding key operational business drivers, with a demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding business goals
- Experience in developing brand and marketing strategies targeting the Chinese/Asian consumer
- Analytical, process driven and strong executive presence
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with a proven ability to drive step-changes in highly ambiguous businesses
- High energy, hands-on leadership with a strong work ethic.
- Collaborative partner who works well across all levels of the organization including the global Marketing Teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Conversational English
As a key member of the executive team, this position will have quarterly reporting to the Founder and CEO. They must be able to develop and monitor key performance metrics/dashboards in partnership with all departments. Additionally, this executive will be tasked with providing effective best practices and strategic thinking to facilitate the company’s growth and profitability objectives.
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA or other directly applicable advanced degree preferred
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only.
Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.