Job Title: Document Controller
Report to: Project Director
Location: Shanghai, Ningbo
The Document Controller provides support to the project team and reports directly to the Project Director and the Manufacturing Representative. This position also functions as an Office Engineer with primary responsibilities for Document Assistance and the work flows for review and approval associated with the contract documents, submittals, RFIs, progress reports, etc.
The Document Controller supports the project team by preparing, managing, archiving project related documents such as contracts, construction plans, technical information, … As a Document Controller you are responsible for all document management during the KAIMEN project. You ensure all team members have access to the necessary documentation (online and offline), you implement processes and tools, provide system reports, maintain and update our electronic document library. You distribute documents as requested and ensure accuracy of the prepared documents. The Document controller has the ability to coordinate and plan strategically and to maintain critical thinking. This person will also take care of all document translations (Chinese <-> English) upon request of the Project Director, the Operations Representative or members of the project team, in corporation with a translation agency.
The jobholder will hold this position in our Shanghai office and must be willing to be relocated to the plant situated approx. 300km outside Shanghai.
Responsibility/Accountability of the job:
1. Key Result Areas: Providing well-organized and structured document management during the project
· Copy, scan and store documents
· Check for accuracy and edit files
· Review and update technical documents (e.g. manuals and workflows)
· Distribute project-related copies to internal teams
· File documents in physical and digital records
· Create templates for future use
· Retrieve files as requested
· Manage the flow of documentation within the organization
· Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of agreement
· Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects as needed
· Review and revise technical reports, specifications, drawings, and other documents
· Identify and use the correct tools, systems, and techniques to index, file, and control documentation
· Work with multiple contractors, project team members, and project management with the control, distribution, maintenance, and retrieval of project documents
· Handle mark ups and reviews
· Take care of document translations (Chinese <-> English) upon request of Project Director, Operations Representative or members of the project team, in corporation with a translation agency.
Outcome: Well organized document management
Competencies, Behavioral skills: