Job Title: Retail Sales Director
Report to: China GM
Location: Shanghai, China
About our client:
Our Client is a prestige skincare brand offering tailored rituals based on the philosophy. The Company's products are distributed across different channels including department stores, specialty retail channels, Logistic with a home based in New York City. Since 2011, the Company has trebled its revenue driven by domestic independent retail growth as well as international expansion particularly in Asia.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast paced, luxury Skincare Company that has been enjoying unprecedented growth in both US and international markets including China. The primary focus of this role is to provide the best service and followed achieve the sales target in department and boutique stores periodically by building a strong field sales team, high quality execution in daily operation and expansion in this channel. This role also needs you to build up the cabin service and facial treatment for first stage within aligned period and develop this channel gradually.
- Department and Boutique Store Management:
- Be responsible for brand's sales in department and boutique stores in mainland China.
- Achieve all target-related KPIs set periodically.
- Formulate sales strategies and developing strategic business plans and its full implementation to spearhead realisation of set business goal and continued profitable growth of the Company.
- Be responsible for sales and technical staff management including recruitment, training, development and leadership. Train, develop and motivate Sales resource to build a strong, cohesive, productive and result-oriented team.
- Be an effective member of the Management Team with good interpersonal skills to promote and achieve harmonious working relationship with the various departments. objective setting and performance reviews, motivation and direction of the sales team, and a constant drive to expand and seize sales opportunities.
- Involve day to day business operation such as store image maintenance, tester, product display, store service, stock control, cash, etc.
- Find out the business opportunities how to drive traffic to store and improve the transaction size with satisfied service providing to consumers.
- Set clear city and store focus to drive business under limited resource.
- Work closely, week to week, with trade marketing to improve the operation process.
- Improve the execution quality in each touch point with consumers.
- Business Development in Department and Boutique Channel:
- Clearly identify the purpose and development strategy of offline stores by different stage, which is aligned with management team.
- Set SMART target of store opening, provide the store list which is suitable for the brands in top 50 department stores and top 30 boutique stores.
- Help to measure the traffic onsite and brand mix to provide solid recommendation of store and location selections.
- Cabin Service and Facial Treatment Building Up:
- SPACE CONCEPT AND BRAND DEVELOPMENT
- Extensive market research along with a study of regional influences, local customs and cultural elements.
- Analyze of our brand’s image and competitive strengths.
- Develop of a vision/concept and journey that is comprised of unique design features, service protocols and standards, as well as “signature” treatments and other design elements which delineate the space from others.
- SPACE DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN
- Conceptual, vision and strategic planning
- Space program development
- Equipment specifications
- Treatment room design
- Data processing requirements
- Input in all areas pertaining to design issues
- STAFF RECRUITMENT
- Space Operations Manager
- Qualified Estheticians
- Any other support staff
- Journey management
- Spa operations for key management staff
- Treatment protocols
- Latest ideas on trends and techniques
- Expense management and bottom line productivity.
- Booking systems optimization
- PRE-OPENING PLANNING
- Timeline development
- Select and train of highly qualified staff
- Create of a complete and creative menu of services
- Finalize the operating budget
- Standard Operating Procedures and protocols
- Marketing and promotion plan
- Prepare for Soft and Grand Openings
- SPACE MANAGEMENT
- Staff supervision, continuous training and motivation
- Systems development and management
- Marketing and sales idea generation
- Creative promotions and programming
- Facility maintenance
- Financial management
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University graduate in sales or business administration or related
- Advanced degree in business administration preferable
- 10+ years professional sales experience, 5+ years sales team management experience in beauty retail channel
- Strong leadership capability to handle complicated relationship and conflicts
- Analytical skills, with the ability to turn data-driven insights into easy-to-understand concepts
- Strong creative and training skills with ability to oversee and deliver projects. Administrative and management skills, including development of operating budgets.
- Excellent service skills including etiquette and ability to work with the public. Knowledge of communications skills, organization skills, ability to deal with diverse clientele.
- Efficient computer skills (word processing, excel, google docs) is required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Self-motivated and common-sense minded
- Proactive “can do” attitude and aggressive, result-oriented approach
- Analytical, autonomous team-players, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneur and initiative taker
- Result-oriented, passionate, hands-on approach, pragmatic, flexible and driven challenge seeker
- Embrace the company’s corporate philosophy
- Build strong relationship with key stakeholders across all levels
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only.
Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.