Job Description - Optical Manager
Location: Zhuhai or Shenzhen
Report to: Director
Company: It is the Sketch-to-Scale® solutions provider that designs and builds Intelligent Products for a Connected World®. With approximately 200,000 professionals across 30 countries, it provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets.
This role is to provide optical engineering expertise in manufacturing processes for optical assemblies and subsystems for use in consumer imaging systems. For VR/AR projects. For projects with optical assemblies.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Apply experience with opto-mechanical assembly and alignment to assemble, test, and contribute to the manufacture of consumer imaging systems.
- Review customer specifications, drawings and other supporting documents.
- Investigate and initiate corrective action to manufacturing problems arising in the manufacture of one or more of the following: optical components, parts and materials, assembly of optical, mechanical, electrical, electronic or electromechanical units, assemblies, subsystems and systems or manufacturing problems associated with the inspection and/or testing of organization produced products.
- Review, evaluate, propose and make drawing changes on production released material and coordinates these changes with manufacturing and support groups
- Act as technical liaison between production planning and engineering personnel.
- Apply experience with manufacturing processes including Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, and statistical process control (SPC)
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- BS or MS in Optics or Optical Engineering
- 5+ years industrial experience in optics and manufacturing
- 2+ years of assembly, test, industrial experience with optical test equipment Optical assembly and manufacturing experience is required.
- Strong experience in manufacturing processes for optical assembly, subsystem for use in consumer imaging systems.
- Hands-on experience in the field of optics, optics assembly and imaging systems.
- Competency should span all relevant disciplines (transmission, optical, mechanical, electronics, optical packaging, optical device assembly processes etc.)
- Proficiency with VB, Excel, database tools, 3D mechanical CAD, optical measurement equipment
- Thorough knowledge of optical and electrical test equipment
- Effective, hard worker with a team player “can-do” approach