Job Title: Downstream Analyst
Function: Global Aromatics
Our client is a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system.
Purpose of role
Asia Downstream Market Analyst is to embed and maintain a process to collect/analyse market information along the Asia Aromatics value chain downstream (polyester, waving, textile, apparel and packaging and branded water and softdrink industries) including published trade-flow data (e.g. import/ export statistics, official data on production and sales), and market information (e.g. production plans, utilization, inventory level, new expansions and project status). This will require regular interaction with regional commercial teams and sites' Sales & commercial teams.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support coordinated commercial efforts in Asia Aromatics by setting directions, processes and deliverables for downstream market analytic activities.
- Support marketing & sales efforts to form consolidated views on downstream supply/demand, trends and implications, dynamics and directions, capacity changes (new start up, shutdowns, mothball, investments) etc. for near to medium term (in 2-5 years time) and real time market intelligence on profitability, operating rate and TAR, production/sales ratio, inventory, etc., to suggest potential commercial tactics to the Asia commercial team.
- Lead & optimize the Asia polyester trade flow analysis, covering by country trade flow analysis & key countries' trade data split into suppliers and customers. The optimised Asia polyester trade flow analysis would support our sales optimization in Asia.
- Routine update of the databases and support to weekly highlights, monthly review, GFO/Plan, 5 year shape, Financial Framework and other marketing updates.
- Support the Asia Commercial VP, China Commercial Director, Feedstock Managers, Sales Manager, and Business Manager in presenting marketing analysis and forecasts.
- Provide support to sales activities such as customer seminar, customer survey and other ad hoc analysis projects.
- Support and input to the Long Term strategic work (non-China region).
Education & Experience:
- University degree or above with major in textile engineering, marketing or economics / business related majors.
Minimum 5 years of related experience in marketing area, preferably in the Polyester, Waving, Textile, Apparel or packaging industries.
- Strong analytical skills and good at explaining business implications beyond facts and numbers.
- Ability to set marketing priorities, implement marketing study projects and articulate the implication to business strategies.
- Ability to work with external and internal parties effectively to collect information and exchange market perspective. Comfortable working in a team environment under pressure for performance delivery.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.