Company Profile: Our client is global leader in personal care and household products with over US$1.6B+ sales with presence in over 70 countries. We established leadership position in the consumer products market through new product innovation, superior product quality and competitive pricing. We have three business segments: Housewares, Healthcare & Home, Beauty products.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Engineering Manager/Senior Engineering Manager will lead a team of development engineers and Value Engineering Engineers to support product development and sustaining for all three Business Units of our company (Beauty, Health and Home and Housewares). The team will partner closely with development engineers in US and engineers at supplier side to come up technical solutions to bring innovative product and ideas to live. The team will also work closely with other APO (Asia Pacific Operation Organization) functions like Project Management, Quality, Sourcing and Supply Chain to ensure a good execution of the project. As the leader of the team, the Manager will be responsible for driving best engineering practices in the organization through process standardization and improvement, in addition to the execution of the projects. The Manager will also be the overall leader to drive Value Engineering activities across different development teams.
- Owner of Engineering Processes, Practices, Design Guidance in APO. Primary contact window in APO on these topics for engineering teams in US.
- Accountable person in APO for technical solution of NPD (New Product Development) project, and related documentation including DFMEA. This responsibility is shared with engineering team in US.
- Lead organization-wide Value Engineering initiative.
- Provide technical support/consultancy for critical issues on Quality or supply chain.
- Responsible for the development of the team including Hiring, Training, Rating, Coaching.
- Responsible for engineering resources planning and allocation.
Interaction / Relationship
- External Customers
- Internal (APO – SCM, Engineering, Packaging, Strategic Sourcing, HR, Admin)
- Internal Customers – Global Engineering team
Leadership & Influence (For managerial level)
- Ability to manage teams in cross functions
- Proactive, Analytic and result-driven
- Acts as a team lead and facilitator and demonstrates Leadership ability to influence, persuade and convince
- Must have excellent communication skills and possess a proven ability to effectively interact and communicate with management of all levels, functions and counterpart.
- Ability to set and execute strategic objectives for functional group to meet business goals.
- People management leader with ability to influence and motivate subordinate to achieve common goal.
Education, Qualification and training
- Bachelor degree or above in mechanical engineering or equivalent
Experience or skills required
- More than 10 plus years in new Product Development as an engineer or engineering leader. Minimal 2 years’ experience as a Technical Leader or Manager.
- Passionate about engineering and product development.
- Extensive experience to bring ground up design to live. Experience in realizing consumer electronics product in mass product production with high volume is a big plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skill.
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English. Able to communicate effectively in a global environment.
- Solid knowledge and extensive hands-on experience on Product Design and Design for Manufacturing. Especially in areas like STA, GD&T, DoE, DFMEA, SPC, PPAP. It will be a big advantage if the candidate has certification on Design for Six Sigma.
- Familiar with CAD tools like Pro-E. Able to provide guidance at principle level for CFD and other design simulations.
- Good communication skill and interpersonal skill.