Title：Supplier Development Engineer
The Supplier Development Engineer will work closely with the Supplier Development & Performance Management (SD&PM) Team (Systems, Field Specialists, etc.) and a be a key technical interface with our Direct Material Suppliers and suppliers’ sites on pro-active activities.
This interaction with Suppliers includes, but is not limited to, performing HyperCare activities at the Supplier manufacturing site to ensure a flawless launch, executing Supplier Technical Capability Assessments, Up-Skilling Suppliers, and leading Specification Alignment activities. In addition, the SD&PM Supplier Development Engineer will interface with our local / global Technical, Operations, and Quality Teams.
The SD&PM Supplier Development Engineer will be regionally based in APJ, located in our manufacturing site, and be instrumental in the following areas for high risk Suppliers in the region.
- Leading the execution of the Technical Capability Assessment (TCA) for new and existing Suppliers, to determine if gaps exist in 11 critical Supplier categories (e.g. Mold Asset Management, Material Flow, Sub Supplier Management, Change Control, Visual Management, 5 Why’s, etc.) and then Up-Skilling the Supplier to close those gaps.
- Performing HyperCare Activities (e.g. walk the lines at the Supplier Manufacturing Site and confirm in-process controls are in place, ensure that current company’s specifications / drawings are being used at Supplier, verify the release equipment in Supplier lab is the same as Supplier qualification and equivalent to company’s Lab, analyze Supplier release test results for Normality, X-Bar Chart, Histogram, Control Limits, etc.) prior to and/or during Supplier launch for our Supply.
- Partnering with Global Procurement to identify “high-risk” Items / Suppliers and then mitigating that risk (e.g. HyperCare, Supplier Capability Assessment, etc.) for our sites.
- Performing a Gap Analysis between specifications, methods, equipment, etc. at our Suppliers vs. our plants and then mitigate those gaps (e.g. Gage R&R, etc.) to pro-actively reduce future deviations, supply issues, etc. due to misalignment between company and Supplier.
- Partner with other SD&PM personnel (e.g. Systems, Quality, etc.) and other members of GSMG to manage our Suppliers.
- Execution of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), PPAP, and Run-Out Rates.
- Minimum BS in engineering, materials science, or equivalent scientific field
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience in these areas:
- Demonstrated technical skills, with operations, quality, and/or engineering background in the areas of chemical, pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing and packaging, or similar regulated industry
- Demonstrated leadership skills including professional/interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain commercial relationships external to company internal is key
- Ability to work in a matrix organization to leverage expertise from other functions and departments within the company.
- Travel will be associated with this position on an as-needed basis and is estimated at ~ 25%
- Preferred: Six Sigma certified Green Belt or Black Belt
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.