Our client is a multinational specialty chemicals company focusing on general industry, automotive, energy and etc. The company is a top-ranking front-runner with a complete range of products as its core program.
Title: R&D Manager (Grease)
Department: Technical - Research & Development
Reports to: Vice President R&D
Subordinate: R&D Project Engineer Grease
- Serve as expert in responsible product of grease; manage the day-to-day operation of R&D project team.
- Manages all R&D aspects of projects for grease development, localization and improvements in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the company China quality requirements.
- Organizes timely pre-production blending and batch adjustments.
- Approves new raw materials and new raw material deliveries.
- Ensures timely availability of raw materials for trials and initial batches in cooperation with Purchasing and Supply Chain.
- Updates and issues QA procedures related to R&D activities.
- Ensures availability of MSDS, RoHS certificates, and formulation disclosures.
- Supports Sales, Product Management and Application Engineering in customer meetings, and participates in technical supplier meetings.
- Evaluates, selects and implements new R&D test method and test equipment and communicates requirements to Procurement accordingly.
- Provides technical training to subordinate, colleagues of other departments, and customers.
- Communicates closely with related QC/TS Manager.
- Advises QC/TS Manager in cases of on out-of-spec products and raw materials.
- Responsible for work-off of slow-moving raw materials. Advises production in working-off of slow-moving raw materials and products as well as out-of-spec production batches.
- Maintains close communication with all the company CHINA labs, and with R&D teams at the company headquarter and the sister companies.
- A Master degree in chemistry is a must.
- More than 5 years working experience in grease area.
- Experience in petro-chemistry or lubricants.
- Experience in managerial function as team or group leader.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English (oral & written).
- Self-motivated and determined.
- Team spirit.
- Strong in cross-functional communication.
- Experienced in international test methods and standards, family with quality tools: APQP, MSA, PPAP, and FMEA.
- Internal: QC, Production, Product Management, TS, Planning, Procurement, Sales.
- External: Lab equipment suppliers, additive suppliers, customers.
If you are interested in this unique and exciting opportunity, send your resume to email@example.com