1. Establishes quality and reliability standards to ensure all products produced meet customer requirements.
2. Manage all policies and procedures manuals in QMS and ensure all work according to applicable standards and regulations and monitor all quality metrics.
3. Manage SQURRY meeting (Star Daily Quality Meeting) to make sure the team is managing documents in a consistent manner, is fully traceable and identifiable, and that all data is accurate.
4. Capabilities to manage the OES/XRF/CMM/VMM/3D Scanning etc. testing instruments.
5. Manage customer complaints, perform analysis, and introduce problem-solving solutions.
6. Provide cross-functional training between departments, including CNC, PIM, VC, model-shop, DMLM, painting etc so that employees understand other types of operations and measurement procedures/processes.
7. Develop and implement self assess and to assess the department to map out where deficiencies lie in skill sets.
8. Manage all internal/external audit functions all department policies and procedures.
9. Ensure that all technicians and shop floor personnel have the necessary tools and equipment to effectively inspect parts.
10. Ensure that calibration plans are followed strictly and that regular checks are performed in each department.
11. Provides information and assists in equipment capital planning activities, internal laboratory and vendor evaluations, calibration laboratory computer systems management and external supplier selection.
12. Assess the QC team on a quarterly basis. Produce records and test results.
13. Adopt best practice root cause analytical framework and use the root cause analysis tools such as SPC, PDCA, 8D, 5 whys, and the 7 tools of Quality. Ensure that these methods are thoroughly taught to all key personnel in STAR, including foreign staff.
14. Seek out new certifications, which may enhance our internal processes and actively pursue implementation of best practices deemed relevant for our industry.
1. Bachelor’s degree in machinery, engineering, fluent in English ability.
2. Over 8 years experience in quality area and at least 5 years in process/customer quality engineer experience is a plus.
3. Strong knowledge in Drawing reading, GD&T, quality related software. Know all most all of the measurement equipment.
4. Knowledgeable on Quality systems.
5. Strong Knowledge on design holding fixtures, test fixtures and functional gauging
6. Strong Knowledge on designing Machining Holding Fixtures.
7. Knowledgeable internal audit, supplier audit, external audit, customer audit, customer complaints, quality improving system, supplier evaluation, data analysis.
8. Knowledgeable QC 7 tools, familiar with ISO 9001, ISO14000, OHSAS18000, TS14969 systems. SPC, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, 6 sigma is prefer.
9. Upright and honest, wise and prudent, responsible.