Position: Category Manager
- Our customer is famous foreign-owned chemical company. We are looking for a category manager in a changing and transforming APAC procurement team.
- Category Manager is acting as the expenditure owner of assigned category, he/she will: Drive category management to ensure AL organization match market benchmark in terms of best practices and technologies, in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for coordinating all external procurement activities for the category across APAC, including the development and implementation of category strategies (short, mid and long term) and plans to support designated APAC-wide strategic objectives.
- Support to promote internal collaboration, knowledge sharing, compliance with best practices and established category management processes.
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies and processes
- Track performance within each spend category and define budgetary impact
- Monitor strategy implementation and contract compliance
- Drive best practices
- Champion and secure TCO reductions for the category across sectors and regions
- Oversee development/ execution of strategies of site buyers. Support sector execution issue resolution.
- Lead the process to select and manage suppliers
- Measure and track internal performance within sector and site
- Drive annual productivity improvements
- Develop an expertise in the global procurement spend categories
- Provide assistance to acquisition strategies by completing due diligence and integration activities for spend
Qualification, Experience & Attributes
- 5+ years working experience of successful category management and purchasing within a global environment, with mechanical or chemical engineering educational background. BA or equivalent advanced training preferable.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal area
- Proven experience in building and nurturing positive internal relationships with senior management, key users and business Stakeholders.
- Proven experience in building and nurturing positive external relationships with Vendors & Suppliers.
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the organization.
- Get prepared for internal resistances as we are in a changing and transforming APAC procurement team
- Mobility in terms of frequent travel – coverage of all APAC countries (12 countries).
- Embracement of changes, open minded with strong leadership, influential communication
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.