Title: Senior APQP Engineer (Senior Advanced Product Quality Planning Engineer)
Reporting Line: Direct reports to Quality Manager in Zhongshan
Direct reports: None
Working location: Zhongshan office, China
Working Relationship: - Within Asia: Project Managers, Engineering, Compliance, Lab teams, SQDs
- Asia Suppliers
- Regional (EMEA/US/AUS): Project Managers and Quality team
Take ownership of product quality and manufacturing in NPD projects.
- Work closely with all project members and suppliers in each NPD projects to achieve excellent project execution and target of Quality-to-Market and Time-to-Market.
- Work closely with Product Compliance Manager, China Lab team, Project managers and suppliers at all Britax Asia locations to ensure products are robustly tested and continuously meet regional and global requirements.
- Participate regional / global project phone/video conferences to facilitate communication, provide progress reporting and coordinate actions across functions and suppliers.
- Follow through NPD Milestone process with advanced quality tools, i.e. APQP, PPAP, FMEAs, Quality Plan to achieve built-in quality product development and successful launch.
- Own quality tasks in NPD projects and ensure NPD Quality Tracker tasks be completed per milestone requirement.
- Work closely with Supplier Quality and Development Engineers (SQDs) to ensure successful and seamless transition from NPD to mass production.
- Improve and robust NPD Quality process, tools, testing and way of working.
- Support Quality team to ensure critical processes, i.e., ECN, TDN, 8D etc., are followed through by suppliers and across all functions.
- Provide training to suppliers on advanced quality tools, Lean methodologies and initiate process and system improvement.
- Other tasks assigned by manager.
- 5 years of professional experience in the field of Quality, Manufacturing and Supplier management with track record of career success. Candidate with less experience may be considered as APQP Engineer.
- Deep knowledge of quality management systems ISO9001, IATF16949 and VDA 6.3/6.5, and minimum a certified auditor in one of the standards listed.
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in advanced quality planning methodologies like APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEAs, Control Plan and 8D.
- Certified in Six-Sigma (minimum Green Belt) and deep knowledge in LEAN methodologies
- Preferably working experience in a similar position and company structure on an international level, typically from the automotive sector
- Excellent in listening, speaking, reading and writing of English
- Highly involved in new product development projects
- Able to travel extensively when required
- Proactive and hold high accountability of own responsibilities
- Good planner and able to follow through details