Function/Department : Procurement
Global Job Grade Job Title* : Strategic Sourcing Manager
This role provides strategic sourcing for the category direct materials (frying oil, batter, carton, poly etc) and logistic & warehouse (cold chain) and indirect materials/service (Market researching, General Consumables and Office Supplies).
This position leads the development of sourcing strategies and category plans to support the business to include sustainable cost advantage (SCA), commodity management, supply market and industry analysis, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing, negotiations, contracting, and implementation with a focus on Supplier Diversity targets. Also includes the ongoing supplier integration/ supplier relationship management (SRM) for key suppliers within their respective category areas.
This person leads category and supplier segmentation strategies, supplier qualification and transition activities, ongoing supply base design management with a focus on supplier consolidation, and the incorporation of best in class processes and standards.
This person will provide overall Procurement and general business acumen to every conversation that he or she represents, and is responsible for critical SCA, cash flow and growth initiatives to meet the overall objectives of company, the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and Procurement with a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) focus.
This role has accountability for sourcing activities associated with specific categories of spend. This scope includes ongoing risk mitigation and managing planning, problem solving and issue resolution, process enhancement recommendation, and adherence to all internal company, Business Unit and Procurement policies, procedures and systems.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Deliver SCA (sustainable cost advantage) by working closely with cross functions to strengthen competition of suppliers, generate SCA ideation by Value Engineering, improving total supply Chain efficiency, etc
- Strategic Sourcing and Category Management
- Negotiate terms and conditions favorable to the Company's stakeholders and apply appropriate supply agreements to ensure the cross functions implementation of materials and contract management.
- Analyze, interpret and present the results of market analysis, tender results and strategic recommendations to colleagues and senior management.
- Lead contractual and price negotiations
- Business and Stakeholder Alignment
- Establishes ongoing communication and process to ensure high levels of stakeholder engagement, participation and satisfaction. Participates in stakeholder leadership teams for respective functional areas to build and maintain ongoing linkages with sourcing strategy, category management, supply base design and ongoing supplier relationship management.
- Supplier Integration/Supplier Relationship Management.
- Manages supplier relationships to encourage supplier innovation and maximize value contributions to company through effective sourcing and contracting processes. Responsible for leading discussions with critical suppliers around long-term objectives and strategies, ongoing market trends, innovation and technology advances, and potential investment decisions. Ensures that suppliers fully understand the overall company value stream and the end customer, and that company commitments to suppliers are being fulfilled.
Constantly seeking out and reviewing industry and category specific best practices, processes and systems to leverage opportunities within the company Global network. Research and remain current on industry trends that may impact existing and/or future category strategies. Shares best practices within the team, and with other departmental and functional stakeholders.
- Financial Planning and Reporting.
- Works closely with business and functional leaders to establish and manage budgets for respective category areas. Incorporates contractual commitments, and industry and supply market trends to forecast variances and SCA commitment deliverables using a TCO methodology. Drives demand management where applicable to reduce overall category spend. Develops frequent reporting for stakeholders, and communicates results on an ongoing basis. Has ownership and accountability for goals and objectives tied to SCA, innovation, and cash flow.
- Must have: Bachelor’s Degree
- Nice to have: Bachelor’s Degree in Foods Science, Packaging or Supply Chain
- Must have: Breadth of knowledge in purchasing experience of direct materials or logistic and warehouse, cold chain is preferred.
- Nice to have: Co-manufacture sourcing and coordinating experience, basic knowledge of supply chain and route optimization.
- Nice to have: knowledge in purchasing experience of General Consumables and Office Supplies
Related Work Experience (Internal to the organization or external)
Minimum 8 years of experience of purchasing experience in FMCG for direct materials or logistic and warehouse, cold chain is preferred.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.