Job Title: GM China & APAC
Report to: Pharma International Sales Director
Location: APAC Region
As a GM China & APAC you would be required to ensure the development of China & APAC areas in accordance with company strategy, in countries where we are present or countries to open.
Accountable for APAC Region sales and P&L, you would propose, implement and manage the business’ resources necessary to achieve the objectives and develop footprint in APAC.
As a GM China, you will be responsible for managing the performance of our local distributors and creating a footprint in China.
You would continuously monitor the markets competition and regulations to anticipate changes and act accordingly.
You would ensure compliance with the countries’ legal, regulatory and judicial obligations and internal procedures.
- Manage China local distributors.
- Promote APAC Region sales development by coordinating and ensuring execution with Distributors all business activities (Promotion/Marketing, Medical & Pharmacies visits, negotiations with wholesalers et pharmacies chains, market access, tenders ...)
- Follow-up monthly the Distributors sell-in and sell-out, via sales reports, and analyze such data provided to identify the risks & potential out of stock or overstock issues.
- Analyze Distributors sales and future products sales trends.
- Challenge distributors on the way they are developing the business, in terms of marketing activity, sales force effectiveness, price, resource allocation, etc.
- Propose mitigation plans for regulatory blockages, to maximize the turnovers generated per country.
- Make every effort to allow the registration and the market access of new products and the renewal of existing marketing authorizations on the markets.
- Develop and maintain business relationships and relationships with key players in the direct environment of the Region (KOL, authorities, wholesalers, ...)
- Negotiate and implement potential new partnerships, new Distributor agreement.
- Ensure to launch all available Company products in each country, if it makes sense.
- Look for opportunities to launch new products in line with the strategy and the financial possibilities (local business development activities i.e deals, licences, etc. in relation with the Business Development Director.
- Support the distributors invoicing and payments monthly .
- Study the countries retail pricing.
- Manage allocation of resources and its activity capabilities.
- Support and develop the skills of Distributors’ teams.
- Ensure Distributors’ teams compliance with local legislations.
- Be responsible to implement a performance management program to Distributors.
- Challenge every day the status quo.
- Budget Management
- Be responsible for managing the P&L.
- Collect all forecasts from all Distributors and analyze the future products sales trends quarterly. Challenge forecast
- Ensure stock management in line with Global Pharma objectives
- Ensure DSOs in line with Global Pharma objectives
- Optimize continuously the resources
- Provide financial and activity reports to your top management
- Provide monthly reporting on sales, activities and operational excellence
- Define and optimize the tools for monitoring the activity
Experience & Skills:
- Access to Employment
- Higher-level qualification in international trade or business, from a Business School or University
- Proof of significant experience (a minimum of 5 years) in Sales & P&L management, as Area Manager or General Manager in pharmaceutical industry.
- Double background: Scientific + Business School Master’s Degree in Marketing/Entrepreneurship or complementary MBA Program is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of an international environment
- Knowledge of the company environment and the organization
- Knowledge of the global APAC pharmaceutical market
- Marketing/commercial knowledge
- Regulatory awareness
- Understanding of accounting
- Basic financial knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Pack Office and Databases.
- Knowledge of English and Chinese.
- Marketing, sales and Sales Force effectiveness skills
- Management Skills
- Management experience of vertical and horizontal teams/Ability to motivate teams
- Ability to analyze market opportunities
- Anticipate and interpret market trends
- Develop and maintain business relationships
- Ability to establish and follow a budget
- Ability to work in a project organization
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Performance management skills
- Ability to take challenge
- Personal Skills
- Decision making
- Results orientated
- Interpersonal skills
- Importers / Distributors.
- Local Authorities, MOH, professional bodies and stakeholders.
- Wholesalers, pharmacies, hospitals, physicians.
- Providers of various services (marketing or regulatory agencies, …).
- Frequent travel in APAC Region and in France if local localization.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only.
Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.