This Technical Service Manager position is required to manage the operations of the after-sales service station, support a complete range of the products used in China and serve the customers in China. This position will be responsible for developing the expertise level of his team, the relationship and the after sales revenue with the distributors and direct customers in China. He/She will also provide the installation, repair service, preventative maintenance, training customers in equipment operation and maintenance procedures. Meanwhile, this position is also is required to work with Sales Team by leading technical support engineers’ team and offering technical pro-sales support on techniques and applications to sustain and grow the products presence in China.
• Build and execute a team development plan (build career development plans, team spirit development, training plan)
• Manage the support team in regards to the administrative functions (vacations, call center assignment, reporting, performance review of personal, travelling cost control
• Develop solid and long-term customer & distributors relationships
• Responsible of leading the admin processes changes
• Produce all the key performance indicators related to his activities (support and repair).
• Give technical support to distributors and direct customers
• Coordinate support sales activities with sales teams and distributors
• Responsible of implementing locally the factory technical support processes and tools.
• Manage complex technical situations with distributors and direct customers
• Deal with technical issues related to repair cases and internal needs for spare parts
• Communicate with the factory & the suppliers for all the technical issues
• Define the plan to achieve the service revenue objectives
• Responsible of implementing locally the factory service sales processes and tools
• Manage the service sales process of customer care plans or extended warranty
• Prepare the service sales forecast related to China
• Follow up to end of invoicing and payment to service sales
• Bachelor or Master degree in technical or scientific field, Nuclear engineering or physics technical background preferred, or equivalent relevant technical experience
• Minimum of four years technical service & repair experience or direct customer-interactive technical support for scientific products
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Strong ability to work independently within a matrix organization, apart from headquarters and support staff, requires a highly self-motivated, self-starter
• Strong problem-solving, follow-up and results oriented skills
• Strong communication skills required, either to internal partners and customers
• 40%-60% travel typically required, primarily domestic
• Proficient in English