As a member of the Textile Effects Leadership Team, define the vision, the value and the strategy for the organisation and to ensure full implementation.
Define The Global Supply Chain Strategy
- Lead a Global Supply Chain (Operations & Supply Chain) to plan, produce, and deliver the budget volumes in cost, quality and time.
- Strike for speed and flexibility.
- Within the team, identify additional opportunities (acquisitions, joint venture, mergers, etc) and ensure proper integration.
- Be the strong point of contact with the purchasing organisation to ensure strong alignment between purchasing strategy and business needs.
- Drive Lean Six Sigma to aim for operational excellence from a supply chain standpoint.
Define & monitor EHS needs for the division and coordinate with the corporate shared service organisation to aim at excellence and ensure continuous improvement in Environment, Health and Safety matters:
- Ensure full compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Ensure the assets are well maintained and capacity is available.
Deliver the financial results (PSC, Capex, Fixed Cost, Inventory, Working Capital etc.) and focus on cost optimization:
- Control global fixed and variable costs within budget and explore options to downsize the current fixed cost base.
- Manage the annual global capital requirements and approve capital expenditures to deliver the agreed financial targets.
- Deliver the business’ inventory working capital targets for the global inventory of raw material, intermediates and finished products.
- Lead, challenge and monitor capital expenditure.
Provide strong leadership to the team in order to develop and maintain a high performance organisation:
- Review the organisation structure and drive the global cultural change.
- Ensure professional development, training and succession planning for the organisation.
- Ensure strong teamwork between Supply Chain and other functions.
- Ensure appropriate communication flows on site/location.
- Ensure that we have the right competencies at the right place.
Drive Sales and Operational Planning Process
- Manage the entire material flow through the horizontally highly interdependent and vertically extensive value-added chain so that supply and demand is effectively balanced.
- Manage the implementation of a Global Supply Chain Planning system to assist the decision-making process to support regional/global balancing decisions.
- Manager the Global S&OP Manager to implement an S & OP plan that optimizes the Business’ market and financial position by optimizing the utilization of assets, inventory and internal and external sourcing.
- Drive the Customer Service function and processes to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. Secure common global definitions of KPIs.
Logistics and Packaging
- Drive the process of implementation of updates and new industry registration initiatives.
- Manager the long term global logistics and packaging strategy for new materials, intermediate and finished products, in order to maximise plant efficiency, to optimize logistics/freight cost, warehouse, working capital and to achieve best in class customer service and EHS targets.
- Manage the Global Quality Assurance Systems Manager to secure continuous compliance with all existing Global Business Quality systems, EHS and other relevant Business registrations.
- University degree in either Engineering or Chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimal of 15 years and above experience in leading global supply chain in the chemical or related industry.
- Broad background in a number of different business functions.
- Solid experience in managing cross functional teams.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- The ability to pull complex, multinational teams together and gain commitment from all sides to the direction in which the business will travel.
- Experience in reorganization and integration. Ability to evaluate assets and operational set up.
- Solid basis in Engineering, Supply Chain and Financials.
- Ability to drive business through matrix organisation.
- Fluency in English is required. Other language skills are an asset.