- Based in Shanghai
Main Purposes of the Job
- Build and manage a vendor base by category
- Working to UK briefs, source and develop new and replacement product
- Delivering shipment and COGS % targets
- Accountable for total cost price management at SKU level
- Driving increased profit and cash in the UK
Key Performance Areas
- Ability to find best sources for products in Asia by product type
- Match factory capabilities to company’s needs
- Develop strong relationships with decision makers
- Review and constantly grow and improve the vendor base
- Negotiate supplier contract terms, annual TTA and PLI with DS suppliers.
- Understand the UK customer(s) and standards
- Capable of receiving a brief, making sure it is complete, sharing it clearly with vendors
- Lead the FE triangle team (QA, SC), and work with the UK teams and the suppliers to source, develop and deliver products to the required quality level, on-time and in the full quantities ordered, including
- securing attractive product offers from the right suppliers,
- developing and managing project CPAs,
- ensuring processes are followed & risks identified, communicated and managed,
- tracking/reporting project progress,
- ensuring timely and accurate communication among all parties concerned,
- resolving problems timely, etc…
- Proactively propose new DS opportunities and drive DS 3 year plan.
- Negotiate prices based on knowledge of the detailed costings of a product
- Regularly monitor prices – impacts of raw materials, currency and volume movements
- Work with triangle team (SC, QA) to ensure high OTIF performance.
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Work across functions
- Develop key contacts in the UK, and build a strong relationship and trust with the UK teams.
- Host and support visitors on sourcing trips
Creativity and Problem Solving
- Day-to-day issue resolution, through building a network of experts throughout the company, both in the UK and Asia
- An end-to-end view of product development for direct sourced products – understanding not just the cost of an item but also quality requirements and the best route to our customer.
Freedoms and Constraints
- Freedom to shape the vendor base and become the category expert within the company.
- Key to success is using vendors adapted to UK needs, not always the biggest/best elsewhere (e.g. suppliers to the US/China markets)
Person Specification / Requirements
- Strong English – spoken and written
- Knowledge of European DIY and building industry, sourcing products and supplier base.
- Depth of understanding of product cost drivers required
- Broad quality assurance and supply chain knowledge preferred
- Results focused
- Strong enthusiasm, drive, and ability to work cross functionally.
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.