The Senior Marketing Manager will be a key member of the China Management team with the full ownership of marketing. In this role, he or she will focus on driving business growth by developing marketing strategies, managing product portfolio (include Equipment & Instrument, Lab Consumables, Reagents, Chromatography and others), execute supplier strategy for related product lines, lead new business development and M&A activities.
From the marketing perspective, Senior Marketing Manager will work closely with Sales, Product Managers, Marcom, Market Sourcing, Supply Chain team in the region, to develop and execute marketing plans/programs for all product categories. He or she will also be responsible for marketing communications, product training for focused products, and supplier management.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives growth objective by developing and leading go-to-market strategy for product categories.
- Responsible for product category performance and achievement for the country.
- Manage Product Manager and Marcom Team to ensure the performance meets the goal and expectation.
- Grow private label products business in China and plan for inventory.
- Determine supplier strategy for Core Branded product lines and drive execution in the country.
- Actively involved in launching new products with Product Managers to drive sales.
- Responsible for setting pricing strategy for all product categories.
- Manage cost of goods and negotiate for special costs with the key suppliers to support region-wide marketing programs.
- Gather regional market data to drive strategic decisions.
- Identify gaps in current product portfolio and take lead to fill the gap with plans.
- Search targets in region for potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Work with Product Managers and Sales Managers to assess training requirements and implement product related sales training programs.
- Conducting detailed response analysis and formulating targeted marketing strategies.
- Identify and evaluate current and future marketing trends and opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in any discipline
- Min 10 years experiences in related environment with minimum 7 years of management role.
- Strong marketing and product-focused leader with extensive sales and product knowledge
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Strong marketing sense and product management background
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven, results-oriented, with an effective decision maker
- Independent professional with strong interpersonal and communications skills coupled with high level of ethics and integrity
- Willing to travel across China
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.